Guidebook with 70+ kid-friendly outdoor adventures in Auckland.
Rural delivery? See note below.
Auckland is an amazing region to explore with kids. Clamber up volcanoes, squelch across tidal mudflats or jump on a ferry and zip across the harbour to the country’s youngest volcano, Rangitoto Island. There are so many free kid-friendly accessible walks that little explorers will love. This guidebook has 70+ of the best off the beaten track adventures – with crowd-pleasing favourites – that the Auckland region has to offer.
- Sea Caves? Head to the remote Whatipū Beach to explore.
- Easy inner-city adventures? Visit Oakley Creek Waterfall or scoot along the boardwalk at East Hobson Walkway.
- Volcanic Island? Read our easy guide to taking the kids to Rangitoto Island and exploring the mysterious lava caves.
- Learn about marine animals, mangroves, native trees and shorebirds with our educational sheets.
- Free explorer medals? There are six Toyota Kiwi Guardians’ activity trails to tackle and claim your medal on.
Our handy A5 sized guide is full colour on gorgeous eco-paper and is printed locally in Hamilton. It is the perfect size to pop into backpacks (or the glove box) so you have the information you need while out adventuring.
Each walk has an information box with the distance or time of the adventure, the grade of the path and its suitability for buggies, wheelchairs (and pooches!) and of course, how to get there.
Don’t be caught out during the next school holidays! Let the kids loose on these free adventures. No shipping fee!
Are the walks suitable for buggies, bikes or wheelchairs? All the walks have an accessibility guide. Lots of walks for all levels of mobility.
Who has written the reviews? Finn and I have personally explored each adventure and given them our seal of approval. (The ones we didn’t love haven’t made the cut!)
Do you post to rural addresses? Yes, but unfortunately there is a small surcharge. We are hoping to find a solution to make it a more affordable option in the near future. There is free shipping to urban addresses.